NH1 News Seeks Executive News Producer
Based in the brand new NH1 Media Center in Concord, NH1 is looking for an experienced broadcast news leader and manager with strong television production skills. This person will be a senior member of the NH1 news management and leadership team, with direct oversight of all NH1 television newscasts.
While the individual’s primary focus will be directed to the television news productions, he or she will work closely with members of the entire NH1 news gathering team, including NH1 radio and digital.
· Serves as key member of the leadership team, providing editorial input and guidance.
· Oversees the daily production of all newscasts and supervises all newscast producers and associate producers.
· Provides content direction, script approval, and works with newscast producers and senior managers on determining story selection, placement, and length.
· Approves newscast rundowns generated by producers.
· Works directly with anchors, reporters, photographer-editors, and journalists in the daily newsgathering process.
· Provides continuous training and constructive feedback for all producers and associate producers.
· Works in conjunction with newscast producers in providing information and direction to graphic artists regarding daily news graphic requirements.
· Works with newscast producers to provide information and direction to technical/production staff regarding newscast goals and requirements.
· Provides information and works closely with the marketing team concerning daily and special promotional opportunities for news content.
· At least 5 years of experience as a producer and/or as an Executive Producer.
· Must be a decisive leader capable of effectively managing, teaching, and critiquing a less experienced staff of journalists.
· Capable of coaching excellent writing and copy editing skills.
· Collaborates with senior news managers in leading aggressive and original news coverage on air and on line.
· Recognizes the importance of delivering highly promotable content with strong viewer benefit.
· Must possess video editing skills or be willing to be trained in editing for broadcast.
· Must be a strong journalist who is competitive and knows how to win.
· This person must roll up his/her sleeves and seek creative solutions to daily challenges.
· Maintains a positive, collaborative attitude and leads by example.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
Please send resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NH1 and Binnie Media are Equal Opportunity Employers.